Why and How to Convert NSF To PST without Lotus Notes?
In this era of rapid growth, where every organization is competing for the number one spot. Microsoft Outlook proves itself as one of the best email clients used in organizations. Its priceless features and ease of use make it one of the top rankers helping in organizational growth, that is why there is always a need for the exchange of information from many other email clients. In this blog we will discuss one of the top giant IBM Lotus Notes, why there is a need to export NSF Files and how to convert NSF to PST Without Lotus Notes, but first let’s discuss NSF and PST format in small notes.
NSF Stands for Notes Storage Facility, it is the default database file stored by IBM Lotus Notes Facility, It uses domino server for storing different elements such as contacts, emails, calendar, events, appointment, tasks, etc.
Similarly, Outlook PST (Personal Storage Table) files are also used to store mailbox data like emails, calendars, events, etc. these items are stored at local storage it is basically a copy of full mailbox data stored at Microsoft Exchange server which is synchronized with Microsoft Outlook email client.
Know The Top Most Reasons to Convert NSF to PST Format
NSF files are known for their fine job, but there are some occasions where we need to convert NSF to PST Without Lotus Notes presence on Windows OS, reasons for doing this are as follow:
- High Price: Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office so there is no need to purchase Outlook externally. Along with that, the Microsoft Office Suite can be purchased within a very much decent amount. Where if we compare it with Lotus Notes, we have to buy it externally at higher cost.
- Interface: Interface of Outlook is far better and attractive if we compare it to with interface of Lotus Notes.
- Account Management: In Microsoft Outlook, a user can easily manage one or more than one accounts of any email client and perform any task within a particular amount at a time, wherein the case of Lotus Notes. There is only a single account that can be operated by Lotus Notes users at a time. You have to change account settings and perform the synchronize process every time for each mailbox.
- Market Share: Most of the market share is in the favor of Microsoft Outlook if we count the market share of both in percentage than 80% of data share will be in the favor of Microsoft Outlook.
- Maintenance Cost: Maintenance cost of Lotus Notes is much higher than the maintenance cost of Microsoft Outlook. The complexity is much lower if we compare it with Outlook with Lotus Notes.
- Account Synchronization: User need some technical knowledge while synchronizing Lotus Notes, on the other end, Outlook can be synchronized easily by a person with non-technical expertise.
Now, we know why there is need to change NSF files into PST files, now let’s discuss how to convert NSF to PST Without Lotus Notes?
SysTools Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter gives facilitates to Convert Lotus Notes NSF File to Outlook PST with emails, contacts, tasks, notes, journals, etc. It allows the user to migrate encrypted NSF emails to PST with intact meta-data. Along with that it:
Download Now Purchase Now
- Takes care of all the attachments like image, documents etc. while converting emails NSF to PST.
- Provides support for mapping of CN (Canonical Names) values from names.nsf files.
- Let you export bulk data from NSF to Exchange Mailbox, in its enterprise edition.
- Provides folder to folder mapping. It allows you to map the folder of Lotus Notes database with Outlook PST.
- In the end it provides export Report generation and analysis in CSV and PST format.
Step-by-Step Working to Convert NSF to PST without Lotus Notes
Steps to convert NSF files into Outlook PST format on Windows OS are as follow:
1. Download & Install NSF to PST Converter Software
2. After installing, you we will see a screen like this
3. On this screen click on the Browse button to provide first Lotus Notes files than names.nsf file
4. After browsing to Lotus Notes NSF file & names.NSF file. First, click on the migrate contact checkbox then Export the selected folder to selectively export the data
5. Click on the Select folder to provide the location of folders that you want to convert. Click on Apply after selecting the folders
6. Tick the map CN value with the SMTP address checkbox then click on Next. It will take you to the screen where you have to select the categories which you want to import
7. Now choose the Advanced Settings or successful Lotus Notes migration
- HTML Formatting: It lets you maintain all HTML formatting of emails during the process of its conversion.
- Internet Header: It is used to maintain the sent or received email header.
- Remove Encryption: It removes the encryption of emails.
- All Documents: This option allows all document view mail items to be migrated into PST.
- Doc-Link: This option allows us to maintain Doc-link of mails.
8. Click on Apply to save the advance setting
9. You can use Split option for large size PST file by ticking the split option. You can also give the numbers of files in which you want to split the file or you can also split files in MB or GB
10. Click on the Export button to start the conversion process. The export process will start as follow
11. The Export process will save successfully and you will see the following pop-up
12. At the end of exportation, click on the Save Report option to save it
13. You can access the final exported files, as shown bellow.
In this era of competition, Microsoft Outlook has taken an edge over other email clients, Either it is for cost-effectiveness or for account management, you can see Microsoft Outlook everywhere. We have read about how and why there is a need to export NSF to PST file. Then we have discussed how to convert NSF to PST Without Lotus Notes in Windows OS. So your time, money and efforts can be saved and used in a better direction.