How Do I Unlock a PDF File on A Mac PC – A Complete Guide
PDF stands for Portable Document File format. This file format was introduced to ease the sharing of important documents between computers and across operating system platforms. This PDF file format allows the user to exchange important documents reliably, independent of the software, hardware, or operating system. The PDF file can also be used to store the confidential data. The best way to secure your confidential information is to add password protection. But sometimes the user search to know how do I unlock a PDF file on a Mac PC to remove password protection from PDF files. So that the document can be easily viewed by everyone.
“Hello everyone! I am using Mac book air computer. Yesterday someone has sent me a password protected PDF file. Every time I have to enter the password just to open this file. Can anyone tell how to unlock a secured PDF file in Mac system? Is there any appropriate solution to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance!”
In case, if you are facing the similar problem or you want to access the password protected PDF file then this article is for you. This post will shed some light on the topic. In this article, I am going to coach you the solution to this problem with the help of manual and automated methods. Before going to the solution part let us first discuss two type of password restrictions,
Types of Password Restrictions
1. User level – This allows preventing people from copying, editing and printing a PDF document. No password is required to view the file
2. Owner Level – It requires a users password to unlock the PDF document. This allows to edit, copy text and images and print a password protected PDF documents. PDF file owner has the power to restrict others to view or copy the content of a PDF file.
Why Does The user want to Remove Password Restrictions from PDF Document?
1. If the user wants to view the PDF documents encrypted with passwords. For this, The user has to enter the password of PDF file every time. In such situations, users want to remove the password restrictions to save itself from inconvenience.
2. Due to security users are unable to copy text from secured PDF document. So copying the content manually is a time-consuming process. So the need to know how do I unlock a PDF file on a Mac machine arises.
Know How to Unlock a locked PDF on Mac System Manually Using Preview
The user can remove the password from PDF file manually by using the Preview. For this, the user has to follow the given instructions.
1. Just right-click on the PDF file you want to unlock.
2. Choose “Open with” Followed by “Preview”.
3. Now the user has to type the password and press enter.
4. Once the file is opened. Now click on the File menu followed by Save.
5. Provide the location to Save the password protected PDF file,
6. Make sure to unchecked the encrypt option before saving the PDF document.
7. Now just click on Save button to PDF file.
Limitations of Manual Method Unlock a PDF File on Mac System
The above discussed manual method to know how to unlock a secured PDF file Mac PC has some major limitations like it require strong technical skills to perform this process. Also if the user wants to remove password restriction from bulk PDF files at a times then in such situations this method get fails. Also, it will be a time consuming process for the user to process each file. Therefore, in such cases the user can take the help of expert solution.
Expert Solution to Resolve How do I Unlock a PDF File on a Mac Issue
To overcome the limitations of the Manual method the user can take the help of PDF Password Unlocker Mac. This software gives the option to remove the password restrictions from multiple PDF files. By using this utility the user can remove the Owner and known user level password security easily. Adobe Acrobat is not required to remove the password restriction. This software is compatible with Mac OS 10.8 and above versions.
Read More: If you want to remove Document Restrictions From PDF Without Password using windows version.
Follow The Mentioned Steps to Know How to Unlock a Locked PDF on Mac Computer
1. Download and Install Software in Mac PC.
2. Now click on Add file or Add folders button to add the PDF files.
3. After adding the PDF files and the user has to enter the password and click on Next.
4. Click on the Unlock button to remove the Password restrictions.
Considering the issue faced by many users “How do I Unlock a PDF File on a Mac System. In this article, we have given the reasons why the users want to remove password protection from PDF files. We have given the solution to this problem with the help of manual and automated solution. But the manual method has some limitations. Therefore, to to avoid all limitations the user can take the help of automated solution to unlock a locked PDF file on Mac OS X.