Find and Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
Duplicate item does not only occur in an Outlook email application but there are also many others email client that facing this issue. But here in this blog, we are going to discuss the Outlook email application. Now, if you are one of the users who facing duplicate contacts, then here in this blog we are going to elaborate on the step-by-step techniques to find and delete duplicate contacts in Outlook.
Well if we talk about the duplicates then it same copy of the data items that are present in your mailbox. Now, these duplicates create lots of issues in Outlook, and like consuming extra space in your Outlook mailbox. And due to this, you will face other issues like Outlook performance issues, Outlook PST file corruption issues, and many others. So we can say that everything is connected.
Now, the real issue with users is that they are not aware of the reasons for duplicates hence they are stuck with Outlook duplicates so before going towards the solution part let’s discuss the reasons that are responsible for the issue.
What are the Reasons for Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
In this section, we have covered only the major reasons that are responsible for this issue.
- Nowadays most users want to sync their Outlook application with various devices. But if you have done anything wrong while syncing Outlook data with another device then will face duplicate contacts issues with Outlook.
- Outlook comes with the option “Allow the duplicate file to be created” option. Now, while importing the contacts in Outlook if you forget to disable this option then you will end up with the duplicate contacts in Outlook.
- If the Outlook rules are defined incorrectly then you will also face this duplicate contact in Outlook.
Now, we know the reasons why Outlook creates duplicate contacts, So be care full while dining the above task. Moreover, the question is how to delete duplicate contacts from Outlook if we have any?
How to Find and Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
Here in this section, we are going to elaborate on the free technique to deal with duplicate contacts. Using this method you will easily draw out the duplicate contacts from the Outlook address book. Follow the below steps to complete the task.
Step 1: Extract All Contacts from Outlook Mailbox
1. First, open Outlook and click on the People tab.
2. Choose the Contacts option from the My Contacts menu and then right-click.
3. Now, click on the New Folder option and enter the name of the folder.
4. Open the contact list in the Original contact folder and then select all contacts and move to a new folder.
5. After this click on the File option and then choose Open & Export and again click on the Import/Export from the drop-down menu.
6. Select Export as a file from the drop-down option.
7. Now, choose the option “Create a file type option, and select Comma Separated Values.
8. Click on the Next button after selecting the newly formed folder.
9. Chose the destination location to save the contacts data.
Step 2: Import Back the Contacts File to Outlook
1. Open Outlook again and click on the File option.
2. Now, choose Import from another application
3. After this select Comma Separated Values from the drop-down menu.
4. Add to the CSV file, and click the Browse option.
5. Choose the Not Import Duplicate Items option.
6. Once all the steps are done click on the Finish button to sync the contact into the Outlook application.
Limitations of the Manual Method
The above process of deleting duplicate contacts in Outlook is quite a time-winded task to do. Because here in this method you have to go with the two-step procedure. Also using this method there is no guarantee that you will free up the duplicate contacts.
Now, the question is that what is the best way to draw out duplicate contacts from Outlook. If you are eager to know the answer, then keep reading the blog because you are so close to knowing the best solution.
Best Way to Find and Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
Yes, here in this section we are going to introduce the most trusted and rated automated tool that can easily find and delete duplicates from Outlook. SysTools Outlook Duplicate Remover Tool is a tool that comes with tons of features and filters options which makes this task so easy for any user.
Not only duplicate contacts, but this tool is also capable to remove redundant messages from Outlook emails, contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, and journals. The tool support Outlook PST, OST, and BAK file. In addition, the tool has an option to split large PST files into small parts.
Quick Working of the Tool
1. Download and Install the Tool first.
2. Once the installation is completed open the tool.
3. Click on the Add File(s) or Add Folder option.
4. Choose the location to save the duplicate free contact file.
6. Click on the Next button to start the task and once the task is ended click on the OK button.
Any type of duplicate data in Outlook creates isseu. So it is very important to draw out the duplicate data from Outlook. Now, here in this blog, we have discussed the method on how to find and delete duplicate contacts in Outlook. So go through the write and get rid of duplicate contacts from Outlook.