How to Extract Attachments from PST Files Without Outlook: A Quick Solution
Summary: In this blog, you will get a direct solution to extract attachments from PST files without Outlook. So just stay with us and find out the most effective and full data-proof solution.
Well, we know that extracting a few numbers of attachments from PST files is quite easy. You just have to import the single PST file into Outlook and you are ready to save the attachments from it.
But what if you extract multiple attachments from multiple .pst files and the worst part is that you don’t have Outlook installed in your system. Now it seems very hard to complete this task. So, the upcoming section will solve all the user query as follows:
- How to extract multiple attachments from MS Outlook at once.
- Is there any solution to extract attachments from PST file without Outlook
- How to extract Outlook attachments to a folder?
Bet before start the blog lets understand what is PST file and why it’s hard to extract attachments from the PST manually.
PST File Format- Personal Storage Table is a database file of Outlook. It uses to store all the copies of Outlook emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and journals. Moreover, the PST file is only compatible with Outlook so, without Outlook you can not able to open or download any attachments from PST files.
Now, after understanding all about the .pst and the file compatibility issue let dig deeper into the blog to know the solution.
How to Extract Attachments from PST files without Outlook?
As we said above .pst file is only compatible with Outlook also if you have Outlook installed in your system, then the extraction of email attachments is quite time-consuming. Because users have to extract attachments one by in3 from each email which is feasible in the case of fewer attachments extraction but not for bulk attachments extraction.
So, to make the task easy for you can try an automated solution i.e., SysTools Outlook Attachment Extractor. It is a tool that is effective for both Outlook users or non Outlook users. Because there is no mandate that you have to install Outlook to use this tool. The best part is that it can extract attachments from emails, contact calendars, tasks, journals, and notes from Outlook PST, OST, and BAK files.
For Windows OS Users:
This tool eliminates the complex task of extracting attachments one at a time. Also, it is the blend of advanced features like multiple filter options and an easy user interface that makes this tool most effective and reliable that easily extracts attachments from PST files without Outlook.
Now, let the working steps of the tool
1. First, download and install the software on your system and select highlighted option.
2. Once the installation is over, run the tool and click on the Add File(s) or Add Folder to add the PST files. One can also use the Search File option to search the default location of the Outlook data file if you have Outlook installed on your system.
After adding the file the next step is to choose the folder hierarchy. So, choose Maintain Folder Hierarchy or No Folder Hierarchy as per your requirement.
3. Now choose the destination location to save all the attachments after extraction is completed.
4. From the Filter section, choose the Select Item Type such as Email, Calendar, Task, Contacts, and Journals.
5. Select the date or file type filter option if you want to extract attachments within a specific time period or specific file extension.
6. After all the settings, click on the Extract button to start the process of extract attachments from PST files without Outlook.
If you are using Mac Outlook and want to extract attachments from Mac Outlook OLM, OLK files, then you can try the mac version of the same tool.
There are various users who have the query regarding how to extract attachments from PST files without Outlook. But due to the lack of manual methods, no one can complete this task. So, after considering the user’s queries here in the above blog we have discussed the easiest and effective way to complete this task without any complications and data loss.