Here’s How to Extract Outlook Attachments to a Folder
No doubt, it is impossible to communicate with the end-users without availing an email application. With the advancement of technology, there are innumerable email clients available that permits safe and smooth communication in the business world. Microsoft Outlook is one of the most preferred email application among business users for its remarkable features. It provides better services to the users to share and transfer information. As a result, one can transfer files and folders, images, video & audio files, etc. as an attachment. However, at times it becomes crucial to extract Outlook attachments to a folder when there multiple attachments which need to be extracted.
If you are facing similar difficulties while saving Outlook attachments to the default folder, then make the best use of this blog and extract your PST email attachments in no time.
Before exploring the solution, let us first read out the below user query taken from a tech forum,
“Please help! I need to immediately extract Outlook attachments to a folder. My Outlook PST file is running out of space due to various attachments embedded in each Outlook email. Due to this, it takes a lot of time while accessing emails and other data items. Please suggest some best and trustworthy solution to export Outlook attachments to folder. Earnestly waiting for a quick response!”
How to Extract Attachments to a Folder Manually?
Below described are some of the native workarounds that allow extracting Outlook attachments to a folder in a sophisticated way.
Solution #1: Select and Save Outlook Attachments to Default Folder
- Firstly, launch Microsoft Outlook and select the emails from which the attachments need to be extracted to a folder
- Right-click>> select Save All Attachments>> click OK to proceed further
- In the next wizard, mention the folder path wherein the attachments from the email will be saved and hit OK to extract Outlook attachments to a folder
- At last, you will see all the attachments will be saved into the specified folder
Solution #2: Extract Outlook Attachments to a Folder Via VBA
- Launch MS Outlook and click Alt+F11 keys to open VBA
- Ensure to import VBA Macro from the link below to export Outlook attachments to the folder
- Once the VBA Editor is launched, go to File>> Import File>> choose the saved mAttachmentSaver.bas file>> hit Open to extract Outlook attachments to a folder
- From MS Outlook, select the emails from which the multiple attachments need to be removed
- Open Macro dialog box using Alt+F8 keys and enable All Macros while saving Outlook attachments to the default folder
- Then, choose ExecuteSaving>> Run>> Browse For Folder options and mention the location to save bulk attachments explicitly
Undergoing cumbersome time to save PST email attachments? Read on further and know the top-notch solution!
Use Outlook Attachments Extractor Tool – An Ultimate Solution
Users can avail of the above-mentioned manual method to extract Outlook attachments to a folder. However, it poses a couple of downsides such as it consumes a lot of time, pretty complicated steps, etc. Therefore, it is best recommended to use SysTools Outlook Attachment Extractor software. It lets users extract complete attachments from PST, OST & BAK files to a folder without any loss of data. Moreover, it provides a simplified interface that allows extracting attachments at ease.
Here are Some Highlighted Features of the Software:
You might be curious enough to know why to choose the Outlook Attachments Extractor tool over other third-party utilities available in the market. So, read out the mesmerizing advanced features that make it a versatile converter in comparison with other software.
- Engineered to extract Outlook attachments to a folder from PST, OST, and BAK files
- Renders two-mode option to add Outlook files i.e., using Add File (s) & Add Folder
- Avail option to save attachments from All Folders or only Selective Folders
- One can exclude attachments from Deleted Items & Junk folders getting extracted
- Option to extract Outlook attachments from selective data items
- Apply Date-filter option to remove attachments from specific emails
- Users can include/exclude file types during attachment extraction
- Use the Size filter option to extract files with respect to the mentioned size
- Offers various Naming Convention Patterns to save resultant attachments
- Efficiently support Outlook files from the latest 2019, 2016, etc. versions
For Windows OS Users:
Free Download Now Buy Now 100% Secure
For Mac OS Users:
Free Download Now Buy Now 100% Secure
Let’s Understand the Procedure to Extract Outlook Attachments to a Folder
Step 1: To initiate the process of extracting PST attachments to a folder via tool. Firstly, download and launch the software on any Windows operating system.
Step 2: Now, add Outlook files i.e., PST/OST/BAK file with the help of Add File (s) or Add Folder option
Step 3: Then, select the desired radio button i.e., Extract Attachments from All Folder (s) or Selective Folder (s). Provide folder path to save extracted Outlook attachments.
Step 4: After that, avail advanced filters rendered by the tool as shown in the below image. This include option to select data item of your choice, date-filter option, naming convention patterns, and much more. All these options let you swiftly extract Outlook attachments to a folder.
Step 5: Upon clicking the Extract button, the process begins. Once all the Outlook attachments get extracted, one can view the CSV report showing the status of the underwent extraction process. Also, the attachments will be placed at the destination location.
Time to Wind Up
Due to various reasons there arises a need to extract Outlook attachments to a folder. Although you can use the manual method which permits you to save PST attachments. Considering the various downsides rendered by the manual method, there is only one tool that can beat all manual challenges i.e., Outlook Attachments Extractor, which is highly suggested to users who eagerly want to export Outlook attachments to a folder.