Duplicate Items From Outlook to Another Folder | Solution to Move Duplicates
This guide underlines the most common issue of Outlook duplication and how one can move duplicate items from Outlook to another folder or another. In addition, we also discuss what are the reasons for duplicates in MS Outlook.
We all know that Outlook is one of the most popular email clients and most individual users or organizations use this application to full fill their email needs. But one thing which is more often encounter by Outlook users is duplicate data items. Now, the thing is that most of the users not know how to get rid out of this problem.
Now if you are eager to know the methods then keep reading the blog because you are so close to it. But before knowing the solution first, let’s know the reason why Outlook duplicates occur.
Reasons For Duplicate Item Creation in Outlook
Improper Outlook Rules – Sometimes by mistake users configure improper rules. This, in turn, causes data duplication in the Microsoft Outlook mailbox
- Inbox Refresh Interval – Due to short interval of inbox update. Hence, the mailbox component cannot synchronize properly and create duplicate items in Outlook in the inbox
- Wrong Configuration – The configuration of the same email multiple times can create repeated synchronization of incoming data which leads to email duplicates in the outlook mailbox.
- Wrong Sync – If the mail server of Outlook fails to respond during Send/Receive then the next sync will download the previous emails again
- Wrong Import Process- While importing PST file in Outlook if you forget to check do not copy the duplicate items, then you will notice duplicate items in your Outlook
Consequences of Duplicate Items in Outlook
- Duplicate item in Outlook creates the productivity issues in Outlook that cause mailbox errors sometimes.
- One of the major issues of duplicate items in Outlook is PST file corruption. Because multiple duplicate items, like emails, contacts, tasks, calendar items increase the size of the mailbox which leads to PST corruption.
- By the increasing of duplicate emails in Microsoft Outlook. It will lead you to bad Outlook performance issues like freezing of Outlook software, hang or not responding issues. Which is so frustrating for the user during the work.
How to Smartly Move Duplicate Items From Outlook to Another Folder
Now, we know the reason and consequences of duplicate items in Outlook. So, whether you have duplicates in your Outlook folder by mistake or duplicates in the entire Outlook data file, it is a tedious task to eliminate those duplicate items one by one.
Outlook Duplicate Remover is a smart tool that can help you quickly and easily remove all duplicate items from the Outlook folder of the PST file. It also can be used to scan and display all the duplicate contacts in your Contacts folder after that you can manually choose the correct contacts and delete worthless ones.
Step to Move Duplicate Items From Outlook Duplicate to Another Folder
1. First, you have to download and install the tool from the above download button.
2. Now, click on the Add File(s) or Add Folder to add the PST file.
3. Choose Within Folder(s) or Across Folder(s).
4. Now, select the Find Duplicate in All Folder or Find Duplicate in Selected Folder(s).
5. Choose the destination location to move duplicate items from Outlook duplicate to another folder.
Select the Categories as per your requirement.
Now, Specify the Duplicate Criteria.
At last click on the Next button to start the process and then OK.
The above method is automated and if you are seeking for the manual method to move duplicate items from Outlook to another folder, then there is no direct way to do this. But you can eliminate duplicate items from Outlook using Outlook Clean Up tool.
So, let’s find a way to eliminate the duplicate items from Outlook!
1. First, open Microsoft Outlook on your Windows machine.
2. Now, click on the Clean Up tool option from the ribbon bar.
3. Choose Clean Up Folder and Subfolder option.
4. After clicking on Clean Up folder and subfolder a dialogue box will pop up be asking you whether to proceed with Clean Up or Cancel? Simply click on the Clean Up option
5. Click on the Setting option to enter the deleted items folder location
6. After Clicking on the Setting, Outlook option window will open. simply click on the
Browse button to add the PST file.
7. Now, choose the Deleted Items and click on the OK button.
8. After all settings, click on the Clean Up Folder option to delete duplicate emails from the mailbox of Outlook.
Well, it a time to wrap up things, But here in this blog, we have tried to provide you the best solution to move duplicate items from Outlook to another folder. In addition, we have also discussed the manual method to eliminate the duplicate items from Outlook if you want a free method to get rid out of duplicate items.