How to Delete Duplicate Meetings in Outlook – Get the Best Solution Here
User Query-“Hi! I am using Outlook to manage my all appointments and meetings along with emails. But last night while scheduling my meeting I have nJoticed that I am having a lot of duplicate meetings and events saved in my Outlook. Due to that, I am bit confused and also very frustrated because I am not able to delete duplicate meetings in Outlook in bulk and one by one method is killing my time and also it is very boring. So, if anyone knows the instant solution regarding my issue, then your suggestion is very helpful for me.”
As we know that to maintain personal as well as professional events there are lots of users using Microsoft Outlook Calendar. Because it has become a very easy and seamless user interface to manage their meetings and work schedule. However, the problem occurs when the users encounter a duplicate event that occurs in their Outlook calendar. So, in this blog, we are going to discuss the most effective and safest way to delete duplicate meetings in Outlook without losing any other crucial Outlook data. But before starting the blogs let’s have a look at what are the reasons for duplicate meetings in the Outlook calendar?
Reasons for Duplicate Meetings in Outlook
There are multiple factors that are responsible to create a duplicate meeting in Outlook. Some of the major reasons are mentioned below:
- Many users try to sync Microsoft Outlook to some other devices or programs. But if the mobile or program does not support the Microsoft Outlook recurrence pattern then, it leads to creating duplicate meetings in the calendar.
- While migrating Outlook calendar data to another computer and if allow duplicate to be created option is enabled, then the duplicate events and meetings will be imported to the new data.
- Duplicate meetings have also been created when rules of the Outlook application do not configure properly in the Outlook profile.
Smart and Instant Solution
If you are seeking for the instant solution to delete duplicate meetings in Outlook without wasting your time. Then try an automated solution i.e., SysTools PST Duplicate Remover it will help in order to quickly detect and resolve your duplicate meetings issue. Also, if you want to know the detailed steps then Click Here
How to Delete Duplicate Meetings in Outlook – Manually?
In this section, we are going to discuss the manual process to draw out duplicate meetings in Outlook. So, follow the mentioned below steps to overcome the issue manually.
- First, open your Outlook.
- Click on the calendar option.
- Now, click on the View option.
- In the current view, the group click on the change view option.
- After that click on the list option.
- Now, click on the subject column and arrange all the calendar items by subject.
- Hold down the CTRL button and click get duplicate calendar entries to select calendar items.
- Now, press the delete button to delete duplicate meetings in Outlook.
Limitations of the Manual Method
The manual method is a very good approach when you have fewer meetings or events duplicated in the calendar. Because if there is a large number of meeting saved in your Outlook calendar, then it is very hard to identify all the duplicate meetings which makes this task very lengthy and time-consuming. Also, there is a high risk to delete important events while deleting the duplicate meetings from your Outlook calendar.
Shortest Way to Delete Duplicate Meetings in Outlook?
As we said if you are searching for an instant solution to draw out duplicate meetings in Outlook then you can try out an automated solution. The tool is the most recommended and used tool by professionals. As well as it is also capable to delete duplicate meetings in Outlook OST and BAK files without any data loss.
The most amazing part of the tool is that it is a single utility which is capable to remove redundant emails, contacts, tasks, notes, and journals from Microsoft Outlook.
Here are the steps to draw out duplicate meetings in Outlook.
1: Install and launch the software.
2: Click on the Add File (s) or Add Folder option to add the PST/ OST/BAK file.
3: At this stage, you will see 2 options Within Folder(s) and Across folder(s). Choose the Within Folder option.
4: Select the destination location to save the resultant file.
5: After selecting the destination location now select the calendar option from the Categories option.
6: Now, click on the Specify duplicate criteria option to select one or more fields according to your requirements.
7: Click on the choose action option select the action that you want to apply on duplicate calendar entries
8: After all the settings, click on the Next button to start the process.
Why this Software?
- Option to draw out multiple duplicate meetings from Outlook PST/OST/BAK at once.
- Easy-to-use interface along with unbeatable speed and data security
- Capable to preserve your meta properties as well as maintain your folder hierarchy.
- It is capable to remove duplicate items from password-protected files
- No size limitation during the de-duplication process.
In the above article, we have discussed all the possible reasons which creating multiple copies of a single meeting in Outlook. However, this can happen with any version of Outlook and it will create so much trouble while using Outlook calendar. Therefore, it is important to delete duplicate meetings in Outlook. So go through the article because here we have discussed manual as well as automated solutions to draw out duplicate meetings in Outlook. Now, it is on you to choose the solution as per your requirement.