Convert DBX to MBOX File Format
Nowadays, a common issue arises regarding how to convert Outlook Express DBX to MBOX.
It’s never an easy task to convert one file format or transfer one email client to another.
Email clients play an essential role in today’s lifestyle. Whenever it stops working or is discontinued, the repercussions have to be faced by the users working on it particularly. The same happened with Outlook Express.
OE was one of the most popular email clients of the 20th century. If you are working on Windows 10, then you won’t be able to use it. This is because it is only available for the users who are working on Windows 7 and its prior versions.
DBX file format is supported by Outlook Express. It contains email messages and stores them in a folder i.e. inbox.dbx, trash.dbx, etc.
It also stores newsgroup in the same .dbx file in the store folder of your hard drive.
On the other hand, MBOX is a well-known file format in terms of storing email messages with whole data and is supported by various (more than 20 email applications) other email clients like Thunderbird, Apple mail, etc.
MBOX and DBX file formats are popular in their field, both are well-liked file formats for storing email messages folder-wise. You can’t open the MBOX format by double-clicking on it.
Reasons for DBX to MBOX Conversion
The main reason is Outlook Express was abandoned by Microsoft and now it’s no longer available to install.
Besides this, Outlook Express is an aged email client, without any update. That is why users can not send or receive emails properly due to Error 0x800c0133.
Error 800ccc03 Run Time error. This error occurs while users run Outlook express. OE takes some time to start properly, that is why the error appears.
It is always a brainstorming procedure for the users while choosing the correct conversion method. Here, I’m disclosing the ways based on your scenarios, which can be used if it relates to your situation.
NOTE: After updating, Thunderbird doesn’t support the Import option for Outlook Express. You can use the older version of Thunderbird “Version 17.09”. So if you are using the latest version of Thunderbird 91.1.0, the way 1 is not for you.
Way 1: Use Thunderbird Email Client
Use import option in Thunderbird
- Run Thunderbird application >> go to Tool
- Select Import option >> click on Mail
- Now, select Outlook Express and select folder
- Click on Next.
- Your import procedure is done.
If you have an Outlook Express email address that is configured in an IMAP account, you can add that email ID in Thunderbird and synchronize both accounts.
Steps for Synchronizing Outlook Express to Thunderbird
- First, if you don’t have the Thunderbird application, then, install it (free email client) and you can directly add the Email ID of your OE account.
But if you already have it follow the given below steps:
- Run Thunderbird >> hit Tool option
- Click on Account Settings >> then, Account Action (below)
- Press Add Account and fill in your OE application email ID credentials.
It’s like dodging a bullet to convert Outlook Express DBX to MBOX format in bulk with native way,
NOTE: Other than this native method there is No manual solution available to convert Outlook Express DBX to MBOX format.
Way 2: Convert Outlook Express to MBOX – Alternative Solution
It is difficult for the users to perform the conversions through the solution discussed above because of the biggest setbacks offered by it. Discussing an easy solution named SysTools DBX to MBOX Converter tool that can work without any data loss.
- Install and Run the application
- Click on Add file option >> fill Path (fill destination of your DBX file) >> hit Next
- Press Export >> select MBOX Export as MBOX
- Fill Browse (fill destination where you want to export as MBOX file) >> hit on Export
- The Export process was completed successfully
Reasons for Using DBX to MBOX converter
- Convert large DBX files into different file formats other than MBOX like PST, MSG, EML, etc.
- Supports all versions of the OE application.
- Bulk DBX format conversion is possible.
- The preview mode of DBX file formats (Attachments, HTML, MIME, and others).
- Convert DBX files with Attachments along.
- No need to install any other email clients.
- Supports Windows 10.
- Preserves DBX file hierarchy.
- To export for a selected time period date filter is available.
Application is perfect for those who really want to save time.
DBX to MBOX application has no demerits and it is an easy to handle application that can simply convert DBX files to MBOX format without any issues.
Moreover, you will face no data loss. The entire conversion process is managed with full safety and within a few steps, you will be able to achieve the desired and accurate results.
The article describes measures to convert Outlook Express DBX to MBOX format. If scenarios match with your ideal situation, use a manual way. Otherwise, users can try the demo version of DBX files to MBOX converter without even investing a single penny.