How to Convert DBX Files to PST in Hassle-Free Way?
Outlook Express uses the .dbx file extension to save all the data items. And MS Outlook uses the .pst file format to store the data. Nowadays most of the users are trying to convert DBX files to PST. Outlook does not support opening the DBX file, so you can use the manual or the professional method to transfer DBX to PST.
Do you want to shift from Outlook Express to Outlook? Are you also seeking for multiple ways to convert DBX to PST? Yes? Then don’t panic. In this write-up, we are going to provide you different solutions to convert DBX files to PST file format. Stay connected till the end.
Table of Contents
- Professional Method to Convert DBX files to PST
- Key-Features of Automated Tool
- Reasons to Convert DBX to PST
- Manual Approach:-
- Last Words
Automated Approach to Convert DBX Files to PST
Download Tool Purchase Now
This DBX Converter tool is one of the best solutions to convert DBX to PST. Users can opt for this tool as this tool is easy to use and safe. It provides many advanced features to the users to easily transfer DBX to PST. Let’s begin with the working of the tool.
- Install and run the DBX Converter Software on your system
- Click on the “Add file” option to add the DBX files
- Choose the folder mode option if you want to insert any specific folder
- Select the export type as “PST” and hit the “Advance Setting” option
- Now, you can split the PST files as per your requirement and select the date filter to sort out data from some specific date range.
- Click on the “Save” button to save all the advanced settings
- After performing all the above steps, hit the “Export” button
- At last, the software will display a message “Export process completed successfully”
- You can save the export report and go to the location where you have saved the files
Prominent Features of DBX Converter Software
In this section, we are going to mention some of the advanced features of the DBX Converter Software:-
- Supports converting DBX files to PST, MSG, EML, PDF, and MBOX file formats
- Allows to view all the attachments
- Compatible with Windows 10 and MS Outlook
- The tool provides a feature to easily split the PST file
- Supports to maintain the file structure hierarchy
- Provides multiple naming conventions for user convenience
- Installation of MS Outlook is not required
- The tool gives a date filter feature to filter out some data according to date range
- Supports to transfer DBX to PST in bulk
Why do Users Convert DBX Files to PST?
- MS Outlook provides various features like task lists, calendars, journals, etc. whereas Outlook Express doesn’t provide any of these features.
- Outlook Express only filter out the incoming messages, but Outlook Express sort both the incoming and outgoing messages.
- Corporate users mostly use Outlook whereas home users go for Outlook express.
- Outlook express only have a simple address book, but the outlook has an advanced contact management system
Convert DBX Files to PST Manually
We have mentioned the automated method in the above section. Users can opt for it but if you want to try some free methods then you can go through the below solutions.
Method 1:- If Outlook and Outlook Express is installed on the same system
Go through the steps given below to convert DBX to PST:-
- Open the MS Outlook application, Go to the “File” option, click on the “Open” button, and hit the “Import” button.
- Select the “Import-Export” option.
- After that, you need to choose the “Import-Internet Mail and Addresses” option and hit the “Next” button.
- Choose the “Outlook Express” option and then check the import-mail checkbox.
- Click on the “Next” option and hit the “Finish” button at the end.
Method 2:- If Outlook and Outlook Express are installed on different systems
Note – Firstly, Locate the DBX files and move all the emails using an import-export feature of Outlook. To move Outlook Express emails to Outlook, make sure that the Outlook Express DBX file should be on the same machine where MS Outlook is installed.
Follow the steps given below to convert DBX files to PST:-
- The first step is to copy all the Outlook Express folders.
- Click on the “Tools” menu and open the Outlook Express program where Outlook Express Email Account has been completely set up.
- Go to the “Options” and click on the “Maintenance” tab.
- Now, go and select the “Outlook express program Dialog box”.
- Tap on the “Stored folder” button.
In the above write-up, we have mentioned about different techniques to convert DBX files to PST. Users can use the manual methods but these are time-consuming and requires a lot of technical skills. So, we suggest users go for the DBX Converter Tool. It is safe and non-technical users can easily use this tool to transfer DBX to PST.