How to Fix Access Denied Error in Outlook – Here are Top Notch Solutions
We know that Outlook is one of the most globally used emails client, but there are many users reported that they are getting an unexpected error while opening Outlook. Basically, in our research, we found that most of the users getting access denied error in Outlook & cannot open or import the PST file. In the below image you can see the error prompt.
Well, if you are finding difficulties while accessing your Outlook PST file and seeking a solution, then here in this blog we are going to discuss some best techniques to fix the access denied error in Outlook. But before knowing the resolutions to fix this error, it is very important to understand the reasons behind this error. So, keep reading the blog and get the solution for the same.
Reasons Responsible for Access Denied Error in Outlook
If we talk about the reasons behind this error, then there are various but here in this section we are going to discuss the major ones like:
- Basically, the error in Outlook state file access denied mostly occurs when users try to open or import their old Outlook PST file onto a new PC file without any administrator privileges.
- Apart from administrator privilege, this access denied error in Outlook also occurs due to Outlook data file PST corruption.
Whatever is the reason for this error, but you can still easily fix the issue using various DIY methods mentioned in the upcoming section.
Methods to Fix Access Denied Error in Outlook
Now, let’s start the method to fix the Outlook access denied error
#Method 1: Change the Outlook Properties
As we said above the Outlook internal configuration error is also be the reason for this error. So modifying the Outlook properties may bypass the access denied error in Outlook and to do this just follow the below steps:
1. First, right-click on the PST file that you want to import and then select the properties
2. Now, uncheck the Read-only box and then click on the OK button
3. After that, try to import the file again into Outlook, and if the error still persists
4. Then again right-click on the PST file open the Properties option once again
5. Now, select the Security tab and click on the Edit tab
6. After that, click on the Add button and enter Everyone and click on the OK
7. Now, check the Full Control checkbox and click on the OK button
8. After all the setting import the Outlook PST file once again into the Outlook
#Method 2: Run Outlook With Administrative Privileges
After trying the above method if you are still getting the Outlook access denied error with your Outlook PST file then, try to open your Outlook with administrative privileges. And in order to this just follow the below steps:
1. First, right-click on the Outlook shortcuts and choose the Run As Administrator
2. Once the app is opened import the PST file once again
#Method 3: Launch the Outlook Program In Safe Mode
Starting Outlook in Safe Mode is an effective way to troubleshoot the access denied error in Outlook. Because opening any application in safe mode only triggered those setting which is essential to run the Outlook program. And also it will help you to identify the add-ins which is also sometimes the reason for the same. To run the Outlook in safe mode just follow the below steps:
1. First, enter Outlook.exe /safe in the search box and click on the Enter
2. A pop-up message that appears on the screen that states that want to start Outlook in safe mode will appear just click on the Yes button
3. You can also, open Outlook by right-clicking on Outlook.exe safe Click on Open
Note: If you have asked for the account credentials during this process just provide the credentials.
#Method 4: Copy PST File to Other Location
If you are still suffering from the Access Denied Error in Outlook, then you can try to change the location of the PST file. And to this just follow the below steps:
1. First, copy the Outlook PST file to your desktop
2. And always make sure that the PST file is not “Read Only”
3. Once everything is down, then copy the Outlook PST file to one of the following locations:
4. For Outlook 2013 & 2016: C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Outlook Files\
5. For Outlook 2010: C:\User\%Username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\
6. Now, paste the copied PST file to another location
7. After that try to import the PST file in Outlook profile and open it
#Method 5: Repair Outlook PST File
As we said earlier, the corruption of the Outlook PST file is one of the major reasons for access denied error in Outlook. So, it is very important to repair the Outlook PST file, and to repair the Outlook PST file there is an inbuilt Inbox Repair Tool i.e, ScanPST. So in order to use this tool just follow the below steps:
1. First, close the Outlook Program
2. Now, go to the folder location of Outlook
3. After that search for the ScanPST.exe and click on the .exe file to run the tool
4. Once the tool opens click on the Browse button to add the PST file
5. After that, click on the Start button to start the repair of the PST file
6. Once the task is completed try to import the PST file once again open the Outlook
The Best Way to Repair Outlook PST File
Well, the above method is a nice approach to repair Outlook corruption but this method is only for minor corruption because ScanPST.exe is only capable to repair Outlook minor corruption. Hence, there are possibilities that ScanPST.exe is not able to repair major corruption. So in this situation, you can try SysTools Outlook Repair Tool, this tool can easily repair any level of corruption from Outlook.
Download Tool Purchase Now
In fact, this tool also capable to recover permanently deleted items from Outlook and also enough capable of recover emails from corrupt PST file without losing any data. So, if you are tired of the manual method to repair Outlook PST, then this tool on of the best option for you.
Well as we said above there are lots of Outlook users facing this issue. So, after considering the requirement here in this blog we have discussed the top five ways to fix access denied error in Outlook. So, go through the write and get rid out of the error in an effective manner.