How to Access Blocked Attachment in Outlook – Here’s the Perfect Solution
Emails are more prone to viruses and malware attacks. So to protect the users’ data from any viruses and other malicious threats Microsoft Outlook block the access of certain types of file attachments. And if anyone tries to access blocked attachment in Outlook, then they will encounter an error message “Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments“.
Moreover, Outlook blocks those attachments which contains executable files like .exe, .reg, .bat, etc,. But sometimes genuine file attachments from the trusted sender also marked as unsafe. In such conditions, users start searching for the solution to open the blocked attachments in Outlook So, if your searching for an appropriate solution on how to open blocked attachment in Outlook. Then here in this blog, we will be going to discuss the most effective and simple solutions to access block email attachment in Outlook.
So let start the blog
Workarounds to Access Blocked Attachment in Outlook
There are several methods available to open blocked attachments in Outlook. In this section, we are going to discuss some most effective solutions.
If you want an instant solution to access blocked attachments in Outlook then you can try an automated solution to save Outlook attachments. Outlook Attachments Extractor can help you to save multiple attachments from email messages.
Approach 1 Rename the Email Attachment
If you are received the blocked attachments, then you can request the sender to rename the attachment and use the file extension which is not recognized as the threats. You can request the sender to rename the executable file into .doc file and once the renaming is done resand it again.
After you receive the renamed email attachment, now you can save it to your computer. But to access the original file you have to rename the file again to its original extension.
Follow the mentioned steps to save and rename the file to access blocked attachment in Outlook
- First, open the Outlook program.
- Now, locate the email attachment.
- Choose the down arrow button or right-click the attachment.
- Select the copy option.
- Now, go to the desktop and then paste the file.
- Again right-click on the pasted file and choose the Rename option.
- Now, rename the file to its original file extension.
Once the file is renamed to its original extension then you can access blocked attachment in Outlook
Approach 2 Change Exchange Server Settings
This approach only works if your Outlook account is configured with an exchange server. So in order to access blocked attachments in Outlook ask the administrator because sometimes the administrator has configured the Outlook security settings due to security reasons. So, ask the administrator to adjust the security settings on your mailbox to accept such attachments.
Approach 3. Change the Security Behaviour of Attachments
Follow the listed steps to access blocked attachment in Outlook
- First Close the Outlook program
- Now, hold Windows + R key to launch Run Command and type Regedit.
- Now verify the registry key for your particular Outlook version
1. For Outlook 2016
2. For Outlook 2013
3. For Outlook 2010
- After checking the registry key for Outlook version and if the registry key does not exist, then create it
- Now to create the registry key first locate the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft
- Under the Edit option click on the New >> click on the Key option
- Enter Office >> click on the ENTER button
- Again click Edit option and click on the New button >> Key
- Now type 16.0 for Outlook 2016 and then press ENTER
- Enter 15.0 for Outlook 2013 and then press ENTER
- Enter Type 14.0 for Outlook 2010 and press ENTER
- Now, choose Edit and click New and then Key
- Type Outlook then press ENTER
- Again choose Edit Click on the New and then click Key
- Type Security and hit ENTER button
- Now type the following name for the new value: Level1Remove and Press ENTER.
- Choose and right-click on the new stirring value name > Click Modify.
- Now, type the file name extension that you would like to open in Outlook, for example.exe.
- Click OK and exit from the registry.
- Once all the modification is done restart your computer to apply all the settings.
A Smart Method to Access Blocked Attachment in Outlook
The above-mentioned methods are adequate but not for everyone. Because if there any mistake happens during the registry settings, then you will end up with another issue. Also, you have proper knowledge of what are you doing.
So after considering the grimness of the task, here we are going to discuss the easiest method to access Outlook attachment.
This tool is capable to download multiple email attachments from multiple emails at once. It supports Outlook PST, OST, and BAK files. To make the task easy the software provides various filter options.
Here are the four working steps to access the blocked attachments in Outlook.
1. First, download and install the software.
2. After installation is completed run the software and the below option as per your requirements
3. Choose the destination location to save the extracted email attachments.
4. Click on the Extract button to start the process.
Want to read the full working steps, then Click Here
Outlook attachments may contain important data information that is shared between different users using Outlook application. But, an error is encountered while accessing these attachments, then proper steps must be undertaken for resolving it. Therefore here in this article, we have discussed manual as well as automated solutions for the users’ help to access blocked attachment in Outlook. So go through the above, blog and choose the appropriate solution as per your requirement to open blocked attachment in Outlook