How to Split PDF by Page Range (With and Without Adobe)? Quick Guide!
In this digital world, PDF file formats have become a very important part of the lives of both professional as well as personal users. They are a versatile document format used for various purposes like reports, important documents, presentations, etc. offering a reliable method to share information. In situations where users have to deal with large PDF files, the solution to split PDF by page range becomes very useful.
Therefore, in this guide, we will share the quick methods that allow you to divide your PDF files as per the requirements with complete accuracy and security.
Table of Contents:
Why Users Want to Split PDF Files by Page Number?
There are multiple reasons that contribute to the need to split PDF files, let us have a look at some of the most common of them.
- There are situations when users have large PDF files from which limited information is relevant and hence to split PDF by page range allows them to focus on just the required information.
- By splitting the PDF files you can reduce their size which allows them to manage efficiently and also store files in limited storage space.
- Dividing a large PDF into smaller ones helps in enhancing the document organization and can improve the file structure to make it easier to locate and manage specific information.
- It is essential to split PDF files by page number, especially for sharing purposes in order to reduce the risk of unintentionally disclosing any sensitive information.
Split PDF by Page Range with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Launch the Adobe Acrobat Pro on your system and go to the “File” tab to open the required PDF file.
- From the top menu click on “View”, go to “Tools”, and then select the “Organize Pages” option to open the tool pane at the right side of the screen.
- Now, select the pages that you want to split and then choose the “Extract” option from the toolbar.
- Specify the page range in the dialogue box and choose from the available options to extract the selected pages from the PDF file.
- Click on the “Browse” button to select the location to save the resultant PDF files and provide a suitable name for the same.
- After this, click on the “Extract” button and Adobe will start the process to split PDF by page range.
This solution is paid, which is its biggest downside as users have to pay $19.99 per month to use its services, hence this solution is not relevant to most of the users. So is there an alternative? Yes, in the next section, we have provided a comparatively economical solution recommended by experts with more advanced features.
Note: Do not use the online solutions to split the pages from your PDF files as you don’t know how your data is managed after you upload it on their server. Additionally, these online services are not that efficient as most of them disturb the page layout structure and also hamper their quality.
Expert Solution to Split PDF Files by Page Number Without Adobe
Alternatively, you can take the help of the expert recommended PDF Splitter Tool which is the best offline tool in order to split bulk PDF files in batches on both Windows and Mac. The tool provides various split options like to split PDF by page range, page number, even and odd pages, file size, etc. without any limitation on the size and number of files.
It has the ability to maintain the file structure as well as keep the attachments as per the source file into the resultant PDF files. This software also provides users with an option to skip the attachments and split the known password protected PDF files.
Quick Steps to Split PDF by Page Range
Here are the quick and simple steps that you can use to split any number and size of PDF files using this professional tool.
- Open the software on your system and then select “Split” from the “Options” menu at the bottom.
- Click on the “Add File(s)” or “Add Folder” button to add the files or folder containing PDF files from your system.
- Use the “Split by Page” or “Split by Page Range” option and enter the required page numbers or page range respectively.
- Click on the “Change” button to select the location path to save the resultant files on your system.
- Now, click on the “Split” button and the process to split your PDF files will start successfully.
Eminent Features of the Professional Software
This software has a lot of advanced features that make the process to split PDF by page range very convenient, let us have a look at a few of them.
- The tool can split any number and size of PDF files in a batch while keeping the original file formatting and attachments in the resultant files.
- It provides various options to split your PDF files by size, page number, page range, odd and even pages, etc.
- Users have the option to skip the attachments and also split the known password protected PDF files on both Windows and Mac OS.
In this article, we have explained the quick solutions to split PDF by page range, however, the manual solution for the same is not apt for all users. Therefore, a better solution will be to take the help of the professional software discussed above in this article to split your PDF files efficiently in an accurate and secure way.