Free PST File Reporter – Analyze the Contents Within Outlook Data File
What do you call a tool which offers you a complete summarized view of a PST file? Isn’t it great to have a complete PST file report without having to go through the file adding/importing procedure on MS Outlook? For a forensic investigator, such a solution as PST File Reporter can save a lot of time if they get PST files as evidence.
One such program; which I have used and often recommend, is Outlook PST Reporter. It is an extremely useful solution for investigators or technicians. Who have been examining a bunch of PST files and need to filter out the suspected data file. Get a quick reporting of each PST file with the PST reporting tool and proceed with a further in-depth analysis of the alleged file.
Overview – PST Analyzer, Features and its Requirements
PST Analyzer is a prominent application for the users to generate the reports for a number of attachments, Top sender’s emails, To recipient’s email, activities either folder wise or year wise, and all these, without any MS Outlook environment required. The software helps users to count a number of items in the PST file within countable minutes.
System requirements of Outlook PST Reporter:-
- Support all versions of windows.
- 1 GHz processor.
- 512 MB of RAM.
- 5 MB of free hard disk space.
What Makes It A Perfect PST File Reporter?
- If a user wants the summary of PST files; they simply need to scan the PST file. After scanning the PST files, the software shows the overall status of each item like; contacts, calendars, journals, notes, etc. The users don’t have to count the number of items in the PST file.
- It is possible to examine the list of Top senders i.e. who has sent the maximum number of emails and Top recipients i.e. to whom a maximum number of emails has been sent.
- An investigator can examine or see a list of all the attachments present within the mail. It will show you the attachment type, size and even the count of the number of attachments.
- You can get a quick glance at the number of folders present within the PST file along with the name of that folder, the path of the folder and the size of a folder in MB. Also, you can see the count of the items within each folder and available attachments. The Outlook PST File Reporter will show you the complete PST file report.
- In order to have a summarized vision of the entire PST file data, the software presents it clearly in the form of pie charts and bars to give you a useful overview as well as a statistical view.
- If any Forensicator requires, yearly details of their PST files in one glance can also be tracked with complete activity taken place in each year. This can be performed using one of the features, i.e. Year wise report which unearths the complete activity carried out within a PST file each year.
- If an investigator needs to export their PST files for modification or other purposes. They just need to switch to the export option where the files are exported in CSV (Comma Separated Value) format and the user gets to decide where to export PST files.
- In the meantime, if the user wants to understand PST files in all the versions of Outlook for this purpose these artefacts help a lot as they even read UNICODE and ANSI PST files.
Time has always remained a constraint for the investigators. Moreover, when the evidence is in bulk and each of them has to be examined. Then a quick overview will help you in achieving the goal. The PST file Reporter will make it simpler for the investigators to analyze the overall PST file activity. Thus, reducing the amount of time consumed while analyzing multiple PST files.