Outlook Archive.pst File Not Found – Here are the Solutions
Well as we know archiving is one of the best methods to store all the old data files and documents so that you can easily use them if you need them. Now, the same thing you can do with your email clients’ data. Many email applications like Outlook provide the option of archiving data items so that you can free up the storage space.
But have you been in a situation where you have created an archive but you forget the location and are not able to find the archive file? Now, if you are an Outlook user and get stuck in this situation, then you are on the right page.
We are not taking a hypothetical situation there are some users who face this situation and while researching we have found many queries regarding this issue. One of them is mentioned here.
Now, after considering the requirements here in this blog, we are going to discuss the solution to the query Outlook archive.pst file not found.
So let’s jump into a blog.
How to Find If Outlook Archive.pst File Not Found
Well as we said above users create archive files when they need to store some important stuff. But many of them forget the destination location of the crated archive.pst file and here in this section, we are going to discuss some of the manual methods. Now using this solution you can easily find Outlook achieve.pst file.
So, let’s roll it!
#Method 1: Search Outlook Archive.pst File in Outlook
Well if you have configured your Outlook with Microsoft 365, Exchange, Exchange Online, or Outlook.com, then the below steps are for you. Here in this section, we are going to discuss the steps to resolve the query Outlook archive.pst file not found.
- First open Outlook application on your system.
- After this click on the View tab from the top menu bar.
- Now, select teh Folder Pane and select the Normal option in the list menu.
- Here you will see your Archive file so open the file to see all your data.
Now, after trying this method if you are not able to locate the Outlook archive.pst file then move to the next solution.
# Method 2: Use Windows Search Option to Find Outlook Archive.pst File
This solution is for every user here in this section we are going to use the Windows default search option to locate the archive.pst file
- Click on the Windows or Start button.
- Now, type archive.pst or .pst in the search area and press Enter
- It will take some time to search the files.
- Once you will able to see your archive.pst file, then click to open the file.
If this method takes lots of time, then you can move to the next procedure to resolve the query of the Outlook archive.pst file not found.
#Method 3: Use File Explorer to Find Archive.pst File
We all are aware of Outlook File Explorer so here in this section, we are using file explorer to find the lost PST file. So let’s move to the steps:
- Click on the File Explorer icon from the taskbar.
- Also, you can press the Win+E button together to open Windows File Explorer
- Here choose the This PC option from the left pane.
- Go to the Search Quick Access and type the .pst and hit on the Enter button to search the file.
That’s all once you are able to locate the Outlook archive.pst file simply click on it to open.
Well, the above process is a nice approach but there are some limitations which we are going to discuss in the below section.
Limitations of the Manual Method
As we said the above approach to resolving the query Outlook archive.pst file not found is nice but it has some hurdles that you have to face such as:
- The process is time-winded and tasks lots of time and effort.
- If do not know the actual file name, then the search process is quite hectic.
- If you have an HDD and you are searching on a large drive then, it will take so much time to search the specific file.
So the question is how to complete this task in a minimal time span and in the upcoming section we are going to elaborate on the solution that will do this task in an easy way.
Prime Method Find If Outlook Archive.pst File Not Found
Well as we have seen that above procedure has some limitations so here in this section, we are going to introduce an automated tool that can easily find any PST file. Try SysTools PST Finder Software.
The tool is capable to search and list all your Outlook data from any location. Using this tool one can easily copy and export the PST file. One of the best part about the tool is that you need Outlook installation to use this tool.
Step to Find the Archive.pst File Using Tool
1. First Download and Install the tool.
2. Once the installation is completed open the tool.
3. Now, enter the Domain Credentials and also select the Search Option like All Drive or Specific Drive >> OK.
4. After this software starts the searching process.
5. Once the task is over you ended with the pop-up windows showing the result.
6. After this click on the Export As CSV option to export the search result.
7. Select the destination location to save the file and click on the Save button to complete the task.
Well, it is time to wrap up the blog, now if you are not able to find your archive.pst file and seek a resolution to resolve the query “Outlook Archive.pst file not found”. Then go the through the write-up to know top three methods to find the archive.pst