Learn to Migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 – A Step-by-Step Guide
“A month back, my organization gave me a chance to work for a project where we are using Lotus Notes as a primary email program. However, due to the complexities faced in its interface and other issues, now we have decided to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365. Moreover, the sad part is that as there are numerous IBM Notes mailboxes, which needs to be transferred to Office 365. We are not able to reach a reliable and proven solution that will allow us to implement email migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365. Is there anyone who could help us out with the best approach at the earliest possible? Thanks in advance.”
As we read and understand the above-described user-query, we come to know that thousands of such users wants to transfer Lotus Notes data files to Office 365. One of the major reasons that makes them to process the migration is due to the complexities in the interface of Lotus Notes. On the other hand, Office 365 exposes a full-fledged feature that makes easy even for a non-technical user to smoothly export Lotus Notes to Office 365. Besides this, it is adopted by both small-scale and large-scale organization where it offers basic productivity applications, which is required to get the work done in the modern organization. Here, in this blog, we are going to discuss the best yet the most trustworthy approach to seamlessly migrate Lotus Notes application to Office 365 account.
Top Reasons to Move Lotus Notes Data Items to Office 365
- Lotus Notes renders a tangled interface wherein users with low technical expertise may find it extremely difficult to use it
- With Office 365, there is a very less chance of data corruption unlike Lotus Notes
- Lotus Notes requires a huge size of RAM as to save mailboxes in the databases. As a result, it becomes unaffordable for a user, which is quite costly
- The maintenance cost required in Lotus Notes is way too high as compared to Office 365, which does not require to pay high maintenance cost nor installation charges
Here Comes the Manual Approach to Migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365
The native method involves the use of IMAP connector, which allows users to implement email migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365. Following are the steps for the same.
Step 1: Creating the Backup of NSF files
This is the primary step which one needs to follow i.e., to create a backup of complete Lotus Notes users’ mailboxes. Doing this, will help users to avoid any loss of data while implementing the manual approach
Step 2: Create New Mailboxes
In this, one needs to create brand new mailboxes for each user who is holding an existing profile in Lotus Notes email application.
Step 3: Enable IMAP TCP/IP Port
This step involves the process of enabling IMAP for all the active Lotus Notes users. Following are the steps for the same.
- Launch Domino Administrator in Lotus Notes
- Then, click on Configuration tab to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365
- Now, open Server document which executes the IMAP service
- After that, click on Ports>> Internet Ports>> Mail tab
- Under IMAP column, change the port value status of TCP/IP as Enabled. Now, the IMAP clients are connected to TCP/IP port number 143 on the Domino server
- At last, click Save and close the application
Step 4: Synchronize with IMAP Connector
Now, use IMAP connector to synchronize Lotus Notes mailboxes to Office 365.
What are the Shortcomings Associated with IMAP Connector?
- The firewall and proxy server of Lotus Notes can block Internet connectivity
- IMAP connector will not be connected if the Lotus Notes email client is in the disabled state
- NSF calendar entries are not migrated, hence it needs to be migrated manually
- With IMAP connector, the migration is possible for only online data of Lotus Notes to Office 365
- NSF files above 1 GB in size cannot be migrated to O365 via IMAP connector
- It involves complex and time-consuming steps to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365
Facing troublesome time using the manual method? Read on and export Lotus Notes to Office 365 using the below top-notch solution!
An Instant & Proven Solution for NSF to Office 365 Migration
With SysTools Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool, one can easily bury all the manual limitations with this futuristic migrator software. It allows to import multiple NSF files to Lotus Notes with maintained metadata properties. The tool is designed in a manner wherein it allows to move complete NSF data items to the desired Office 365 account effortlessly. All the features are developed and incorporated in the software after undergoing several researches and understanding the need of the users.
Here are some innovative features rendered by the software:
- Export NSF emails, contacts & calendars data items to Office 365
- Selective Lotus Notes mailbox items conversion to O365 from Workload section
- Date filter feature for desired NSF data migration date wise to Office 365
- Avail Delta migration to transfer newly arrived NSF data to O365 cloud
- Re-run migration to move missed or skipped data from NSF files
- Set Priority to Lotus Notes mailboxes as per your preference
- Make use of Concurrent migration for batch-wise Lotus Notes mailboxes migration to Office 365
- Group mapping facility to map NSF mailboxes with the desired O365 account
- Option to Retry failed items migration in the occurrence of technical disputes like power failure, poor internet supply, etc.
Finally, Migrated Lotus Notes to Office 365 Seamlessly!
This blog describes the finest solution to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 in a hassle-free way. One can implement the manual solution which is quite time-consuming and also it imposes several other limitations as mentioned above. However, with the amazing and proven utility i.e., SysTools Lotus Notes to O365, one can easily export complete Lotus Notes mailboxes to Office 365 in a hassle-free way.