Migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 – Trusted Solution
If you are looking for a solution to carry out Lotus Notes to Exchange migration process, then you are at the right place. In this article, we are going to explain a tried and trusted solution to import NSF to Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019. We have also discussed the needs and challenges faced during the IBM Domino to Exchange migration.
A vast number of users use Lotus Notes across the globe as their primary email application. Since it is a feature packed email client which includes multitasking and many other features due to which it can be used either on domain server or on the local system. Lotus Notes stores its entire mailbox data in its repository file which is known as NSF file. The users who use IBM Notes are connected to the domain using its server known as Domino Server. But, as the trends are changing and the innovations in the technology, a lot of users are now importing NSF to Exchange 2010, 2013 or 2016, 2019 versions. To convert Domino to MS Exchange, a user has to implement certain steps to complete the conversion in a proper way. Unfortunately, a very less number of users know the method. So, in this article, we will explain the steps for Lotus Domino to Exchange migration so that the troubled users can convert their data effortlessly.
Need of Lotus Notes to Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 Migration
IBM Notes uses NSF files to store whole mailbox data such as emails, contacts, calendar, tasks, etc. The application allows users to use various multitasking features. Still, a lot of users opt to import NSF file to Exchange due to the difficult user interface and other complex operations. There are many reasons behind the conversion but we will discuss the most common reasons why users switch their email client in the following segment:
- It is so difficult to carry out the recovery process of NSF files using the inbuilt repair tool.
- The technical complexity of the IBM Notes is another major reason why users move Lotus Domino to Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010.
- A user is switched to a new organization, and they don’t use Notes there.
- The storage size of the email application is also one of the reasons as it offers less mailbox storage.
Challenges Faced During Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration
- Most of the companies are not always aware of the resources which are required to execute the conversion in a smooth way. The right amount of tools, investment, manpower and time are needed and there is always an involvement of risks which can only be calculated by experts.
- The efficiency and workflow of the organization may reduce after the conversion as many users are new to the email environment. It is because the users spend some time to understand the proper working of Microsoft Exchange.
- The setup of Exchange Server and its environment needs both time and monitoring which can only be provided by someone who has knowledge of it.
- Moving to the new platform or email client can raise several queries which should be fixed from time to time. Therefore, the organization has to offer continuous support to the users to maintain the workflow.
Effortless Solution for Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration
If any of the users gets stuck during the conversion process then most secure and reliable way to perform the entire process is by opting a third party software i.e. SysTools Mail Migration Wizard. Using this application, users can easily import NSF to Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 without any data loss. Some of the top features of this tool are listed below:
- Migrate IBM Notes to Exchange in batch
- Remove password from Lotus Notes files
- Complete NSF to Exchange Migration
- Apply mail filters during Domino to Exchange conversion
- Exclude selected folders if not required
- Customize CN Value during conversion
After knowing why users want to implement Lotus Notes to Exchange migration and the challenges faced during the process. We have come up with a solution using which users can easily import NSF to Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 versions. It is a secure and reliable application which enables users to convert IBM Notes to Exchange with ease. Users can transfer emails, calendar, notes, journals, contacts, etc. using this tool.