How to Lock USB Drive in Windows 10? Comprehensive Guide
If you’re having private data on your PC and your PC get used by many people, So, there is a lot of risk of data leak and viruses. A third person can easily plug a USB device into your PC and steal all your precious data, So, you have to lock USB Drive in Windows 10, 8,7 and all the below versions. Not only the data can get stolen online, someone can easily steal it by using a USB device.
Disabling your computer USB ports keeps your data files safe, prevents any types of viruses, and is easier than you think. There are multiple solutions you can choose from, in this write-up we talk about the solution to lock USB Drive in Windows 10. You can choose the solution as per your needs.
How Can You Lock USB Drive in Windows 10 Using the Registry Editor
Disable USB Drive by using the registry solution, have you ever tried this registry procedure before. This solution contains some technicalities, but no need to worry we’re going to explain this method step by step.
- First thing first, Type Run in the search box.
- Then, type Regedit, and the registry editor will appear on your screen.
- After this, navigate to the following Registry editor.
- In the Pane on the right, double-click to start, and open the Edit DWORD (32-bit) box.
- After that, the valuable data will be set to 3 by default. Then click on 4 & your USB ports will be disabled.
Note: To enable PC USB ports, change the value data back to 3, and then your USB ports will enable again.
Disable USB Ports With the Help of Device Manager
Disable or lock USB drive in Windows 10, 8, and all the below versions with the device manager is also an easy task. In this solution, there is no need for technical knowledge or something, just go with the mentioned steps & your USB ports will get disabled.
- First, right-click on the start menu or press the Window button+ X, and go to devise manager.
- Then, click on Universal Serial Bus Controller. Now multiple device options appear on your screen.
- After that, right-click on 3, and at last, selected the disable device option.
Best Method to Lock or Disable USB Ports in Windows 10
The above-mentioned procedure is capable enough to lock USB drive in Windows 10. But there are some limitations to these solutions, after disabling the USB ports anyone can change the settings of your device and enable the USB drives. So, there is no guarantee of data security in these solutions. SysTools Brings you Expert Verified USB Blocker Software.
This wizard allows you to block and unblock your USB ports in Windows 10 and all below versions of windows like 10, 8, 8.1, 7. This software makes your USB ports password-protected, by giving you a password option. Nobody can change the USB port settings until you get concerned.
Step by Step Procedure to Disable USB Ports via USB Blocker Wizard
- Enter a password in this form will be used every time when someone tries to disable/enable USB ports in the settings. Enter the email address and machine user name or password.
- Then, the current status will arrive on the screen then you can block the USB ports by clicking on the block option.
- After this, this is a password screen that the user has entered first.
- Allow and disallow the USB ports using the context menu.
In this technical write-up, we have discussed multiple solutions to lock USB drive in Windows 10. With both manual and the professional solutions mentioned here, users can select any method as per their requirements. But it’s better to go with the automated solution because we think there is no compromise in security factors. With the suggested solution user can perform this task easily and effectively.