How to Delete Hotmail Account? Measures to be Taken Beforehand
Intro: This is an entire guide on how to delete a Hotmail account and the measures that need to be taken before completing the process. Learn the method to delete the account and apply it carefully after learning all the facts.
Users could be deleting their account for various reasons such as moving to an organization that doesn’t use Hotmail, if you are planning to switch to another email platform, etc. Let us warn you that deleting your account is an easy task but the data stored in your account is also of importance.
But, downloading the data before you delete the Hotmail email account is not an easy task. Since there are so many emails and a lot of data stored in your account, you need to make sure that you export it securely.
Also Read: Export Hotmail Emails to PST
It is an obvious and wise decision to export the data from your account before deleting your account as it is not possible to get them back.
This is a simple guide for both tech and non-tech users which will first explain the process of taking a backup of the data files and then deleting the account permanently.
Backup Data Before Learning How to Delete Hotmail Account
This can be done by installing the Hotmail Backup Tool using which you can download all your emails to the local storage in various email formats i.e. PST, MSG, MBOX, PDF, & EML. Download the emails along with the attachments to the disk for PDF format.
Various features are offered by the software to help you perform this operation without having to waste a lot of time and effort. You need to install and configure the Microsoft Outlook account to export the data.
Read More: Import Contacts from Hotmail to iCloud
How to Backup Data Before You Delete Hotmail Email Account?
1. Run the tool on your system and click on the Login button after entering the credentials for your Hotmail account.
For Mac OS machine:
2. Select the file format of your requirement and pick the destination path for the exported files in the Browse field.
3. Then, choose the Delete after Download option to regain the server space in the mailbox by deleting the data after it has been saved.
4. Click on the Apply Filter to set the dates to save data selectively before you learn how to delete your Hotmail account.
5. The final step is to hit the Start button to complete the process.
The Date Filter in the software gives the benefit of setting dates “From” and “To” for selecting a period from which the data will be exported. Be stress-free with the maintenance of the folder structure. As well as the metadata and attributes via the Maintain Folder Hierarchy feature.
Another option that allows you to export only the newly received emails is the Incremental Backup option. This feature will scan your mailbox again to see. If there is any email that has been received after the first backup process.
How to Delete a Hotmail Account After Creating a Backup?
Now that you have created a backup of your data and are a hundred percent sure that there are no emails that can be lost due to deleting your account, follow the given steps on how to delete Hotmail Account:
1. To start, you have to log in with your Microsoft account to which your Hotmail account is linked.
2. Then, click on the Security option in the Home Page.
3. After that, select the More Security Options button at the bottom of the window. And you will be redirected to a new page.
4. Delete your Hotmail email account by clicking on the Close My Account link.
5. In the next screen, you will be given all the information about the account deletion as shown below on how to delete Hotmail Account.
6. Carefully go through these points and click on the Next button to confirm the deletion.
Once that is done, your account will be deleted and the data from it will be gone too.
However, there may be some users who are not able to close their accounts by following these steps. If yours is that case too, you can use the deletion link that Microsoft provides you with. Go to the link and learn how to delete a Hotmail account permanently by providing the information needed.
Here, you will be asked to verify your identity and. Then it will take about 60 days to permanently delete your account. If you want to get your account back within 60 days. You just need to log in to your account and the process of deletion will be canceled.
Ending of the Blog
The need to delete an entire account can arise due to various reasons and only one way to do it. You can find out how to delete Hotmail Account and perform. It but always remember about the data stored in it.
It is not hard to delete your account but difficult to export all its data. The whole process of creating a backup of the data and deleting the account is explained here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I permanently cancel my Outlook account?
Ans: You must close your Microsoft account in order to permanently close your Outlook.com email account. Important: When you remove your Microsoft account, your email and contacts are permanently wiped from our servers and cannot be restored.
Q 2: Can we deactivate our Microsoft account permanently?
Ans: You will lose everything related to your Microsoft account if you delete it. You have 60 days to reactivate your account, however, you cannot recover erased data. Navigate to the “Close my account page” to delete your account.