How to Break VBA Password in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019? Expert-Guide
In this article, we have discussed all the possible ways How to break VBA password in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019. In the first section, we have discussed two types of manual solutions. Then if you don’t prefer them go with the Automated solution mentioned below. That is safe and secure for non-technical users.
VBA, an acronym for Visual Basic for Application, is a part of MS Office and designed for Microsoft applications like Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc. The VBA is the extension that contains the visual basic code. This extension is used to protect the Office suite with the help of code generations.
But being humans, sometimes we forgot these passwords. So, this issue puzzles the users. Hence don’t worry, here in this article you will find the best solution for how to break VBA password in Excel 2007,2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019. So, stay tuned till the end.
In the upcoming sections, we will discuss all the manual ways to break VBA passwords without any difficulty.
Manual Solution for How to Break VBA Password in Excel 2007
We have mentioned two types of manual solutions. Go with the solution you liked. But before that, you have to back up your data in a safe place because these manual methods are having the chance of data loss.
Solution 1. Break Password from Protected Files via Hex Editor
For this solution, you can use any kind of Hex Editor and follow the given steps to break VBA password in Excel:
- Create and open a new Excel file using Hex Editor.
- Open the VB Editor to set a new password in the VBA field. Press Alt + F11 to open the editor.
- Save the newly created file and exit.
- Use Hex Editor to open the new file.
- Start copying each line starting with the following: CMG=…, DPB=…, GC=…
- After that, open the file you want to remove the password from via the Hex Editor and paste the copied line.
- Save the files and exit and open the file you want to remove the password from, use the common password, and your file will open up.
Solution 2. How to Break VBA Password in Excel 2007 using WinZip or WinRAR?
Go through the given instruction to break the password:
- Change the extension .xlsm to .zip.
- Launch the .zip file with the WinRAR or WinZip and choose the .xl folder.
- After that, you have to extract the bin file and use the Hex Editor to open the same file.
- Now, search for the DPB and replace it with DPx. Save the file.
- Replace the previous bin file (vbaProject.bin) under the zip file with the latest one.
- Then, change the extension to XLSM again to break the VBA password in Excel completely.
- Open the Visual Basic in Excel, and click on the Tools
- Select the VBA Project Properties option and choose the Protection
- Add the new password, exit the files, and re-open it with a new password.
As we discussed in this section and above, these two solutions require users to create a new file or change the extensions of their files. Performing this task can consume a lot of time than required. These methods can also not break the password but just change it.
Sometimes, users may just want to know how to break VBA password in Excel 2007 which these manual solutions are incapable of doing. To avoid such troubles, in the next paragraph we have mentioned the automated solution for a quick operation.
Automated Solution for How to Break VBA Password in Excel 2007 Easily
If the above manual solutions do not work properly then, you can go for third-party software. One of the Best VBA Password Remover Tool is specially designed by the experts to break the VBA password in Excel without any data loss. This tool also having the ability to support MS Office different files like .xls, .xla, .doc, .mdb, .dot file type. And the main feature of this tool is that it eliminates old passwords and generates a new password automatically.
Tool working – Quick Guide
Step 1. First, install and run the tool.
Step 2. Then, break the lost VBA password by browsing the file.
Step 3. When the above process is done, simply click on the reset button to set a password.
Step 4. In the end, preview the progress report.
The need to learn how to break VBA password in Excel 2007 is fulfilled here in this blog. Users can go for any solutions described above. But by looking at the steps the manual solution is not easy and has a chance of data loss. So, If you don’t have much technical knowledge then go for the automated solution to break passwords from Excel in minutes.