Find PST File Outlook 2016 – Ultimate Way
Are you seeking the solution to search MS Outlook PST files? If yes, then, this is an appropriate place for you to know the easy solution to find the missing PST file in Outlook 2016. Before starting the article we will talk about user query.
I was working on Microsoft Outlook 2016 version, where I had to find PST files I checked my computer, but I cannot find PST files in outlook 2016. Can anyone suggest to me how to find the missing PST file in MS Outlook 2016?
PST files is a Microsoft Outlook data file to store mailbox items, like emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, journals, etc. To use or recover corrupt Outlook PST files, users need to know the PST file location.
Users can find their MS Outlook PST file at the default destination. However, the default location of the PST file differs, depending on the MS Outlook and Windows edition users are using. It may also differ based on your account configuration and how users set up their accounts. In the next segment, we will mention a few things users can find in their Outlook PST file on a Windows PC.
Navigate to Default Location
In MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, & 2007 on Windows 10 OS, the PST file default location is:
- C:\users\username\Documents\Outlook Files
Use Microsoft Outlook to Browse PST File
You can also search and browse PST files in Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2010 by following these steps,
- Open MS Outlook then hit on the ‘File’ option.
- Hit on the ‘Accounts Settings’ drop-down menu in the ‘Account details section.
- Then, the account setting Windows opens. In the ‘Account Settings’ window, hit on the ‘Data Files’ tab, select the account users to wish to explore, and then hit on the ‘Open File Location’ button.
- This opens the ‘File Explorer window, showing the folder destination where the PST file is located.
How to Find Missing PST File in Outlook 2016 – With Professional Tool
SysTools PST Finder Software is capable enough to search, locate, copy, and save Microsoft Outlook PST files from a PC under a network domain. This tool is capable enough to find a list of MS Outlook PST files of any edition like ANSI or UNICODE. With this application, Microsoft Outlook installation is not needed to locate PST files. It has a simple GUI. Technical and non-technical users can use it. With this software, users can search and locate PST files in every system with their attributes. This tool provides a free demo version to find and view the PST files in an exchange server network machine.
Cannot Find PST File in Outlook 2016 – Step by Step Solution
- Firstly Download and install PST finder tool on your Windows PC
- Now users can choose one machine to find PST files from it, then type the user name and password, by using search options as all drives or specific drives hit on OK button
- After that, searching progress to search PST file from the chosen machine
- Finally, successfully find PST file from the selected machine hit on ok to exit
In the above write-up, we have talked about find PST file Outlook 2016. Here we have discussed manual and automated fixes to locate the Outlook PST file. If anyone faces any hurdle with the given manual solutions, then they can go with the professional tool given above. I hope users will get a solution for searching PST file outlook 2016 in Windows 10.