Complete Guide Export SQL Server Database to Excel
Summary: This post will discuss how to export SQL Server Database to Excel format. We will discuss the step by step process to execute this task. Before proceeding further let us have a look at the real-time query asked by the SQL Server.
“Hello, Experts! I am just a beginner at the SQL Server database, and hunting for a solution to know how to export the SQL Server database to Excel format. Can anyone guide me on how to export SQL Server data to Excel? Thanks!
SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is a phenomenal utility to arrange, oversee, and regulate all segments inside Microsoft SQL Server. There are numerous focal points of having SQL data in spreadsheet programs like Excel. Spreadsheets are easy to use and adaptable contrasted with SQL. Thus, numerous clients much of the time save basic SQL data to Excel. Presently, we will talk about approaches to export the SQL Server database to Excel. There are two manual ways that can be used to accomplish this task, which is portrayed below:
Important Note: If you are having a corrupted SQL database or you are facing SQL database corruption problem. Then the user can take the help of
the SysTools SQL Repair Tool. This allows the user to export the corrupted SQL database. After recovering the data, the user can perform the manual process to export the SQL Server database to Excel.
Download Tool Purchase Now
Manual Ways to Export SQL Server Database to Excel
Strategy 1: Export from SQL Table to Excel Using the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard
There exists an inbuilt feature in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to export the database to Excel. The itemized steps are depicted below:
- Right-click on the database table that you might want to export. Under the Tasks, click on Export Data.
- In Import and Export Wizard, click Next.
- Choose a Data Source. Starting from the drop menu in Data sources.
- Select SQL Server Native Client 11.0, at that point click Next.
- In the Destination field, click on Microsoft Excel. Next, in the Excel file path field, give the location and filename by tapping on the Browse button.
- Now, you may experience an error.
- To resolve this issue in the search field, look for the 64-bit version of SQL Server Import and Export Data.
- Next, again perform steps 1-3. In the Specify Table Copy or Query window, select Copy data from one or more tables or views, and hit Next.
- Next, choose the source tables to export.
- Click on the table and go to the Preview tab to see the table content.
- In the Save and Run package window, ensure Run immediately is checked and afterward click Next.
- In Complete the Wizard window, click on the Finish
- Finally, go to the location where you have exported the SQL database table as an Excel file and open the Excel document.
Strategy 2: Import from SQL Table to Excel Using Data Connection Wizard Dialog
Another simple method to export the SQL table to Excel is by using the inbuilt Excel feature that helps to import any SQL table. The point by point steps to do so are laid out below:
- Make a Blank worksheet and open it in the MS Excel.
- On the Data tab, click on the Get Data symbol.
- Go to From Database > From SQL Server Database.
- Enter the name of your SQL Server in the text field and press OK.
- Select a suitable option and click on the Connect
- Now, press OK to continue.
- In the Navigator window, select the database and afterward the table that you might want to import in Excel and then click on the Load
- Next, click on the Close and Load symbol.
- Congrats! You have effectively brought the SQL table into Excel.
What to Do in Case If You Have A Corrupted SQL Database
So far we have discussed the manual process to Export SQL Server Database to Excel. But in case if your SQL database is corrupted then the user can take the help of SysTools SQL Recovery Application Application. This will helps the user to repair the corrupted data. Also, this utility allows the user to recover the deleted database objects. This software is compatible with SQL Server 2019 and below version.
Download Tool Purchase Now
Note: This software will help you to remove corruption issues from the SQL database. But you have to follow the manual process to export SQL Server data to Excel format.
Numerous a time, it is simpler to work with spreadsheets in contrast with SQL database tables. Subsequently, it gets important to export these SQL tables to Excel. In this blog, we have explained two manual approaches to Export SQL Server Database to Excel. A damaged database file can block you from SQL. Subsequently, we prescribe the client to use a an automated SQL Recovery tool to fix corrupted SQL databases easily.