How to Convert Excel File to HTML Format?
Query- Hi, recently I am working on a project in which I have to add an Excel contacts list as a table on a webpage. So initially I decided to write the HTML codes for the Excel contacts datasheet. But after a couple of minutes, I realize that it will take lots of time. So, I decided to convert Excel file to HTML. But due to the absence of a relevant option, I am not able to do that so, if anyone knows any solution that guaranteed no data loss, then please suggest it to me.
Well, nowadays most businesses use Excel files to manage their business data. But sometimes due to ubiquity on the web, they have to display on the website. So, if you are also stuck on the solution, then no need to worry here in this blog we are going to discuss the top three ways to export Excel to HTML. So, let’s jump into the blog to know the methods
Well, everyone asked for the free method, then lest start the blog with the free manual method
How to Convert Excel File to HTML Using Excel Save As
As we know that MS Excel gives you different format options to save your document. And the HTML webpage option is one of them. So by using this option you can convert an Excel sheet to an HTML document. So, here in this section, we are going to discuss that method to follow the below steps to complete the conversion.
- First, launch MS Excel on your machine
- Once the Excel has opened open the Excel Sheet that you want to convert
- After that click on the File option from the top ribbon menu bar
- From the list choose Save As an option
- Now, choose the Destination location to save the file
- Click on the Save as type drop-down box and choose the Web Page(*htm*, *html*) option
- Now if you have multiple worksheets the choose Entire Workbook option next to the Save option
- After that click on the Save option to save the file
- Once you clicked on the Save button another pop-up window appears. Click on the publish
- Now, your file will be saved as an HTML page, and to see the file go to the destination location. And if you want to see the codes then open the resultant file with any HTML code editor.
Download Excel Sheet as HTML Using Google Sheet
There are various online tools that claim they can convert your Excel documents to HTML. Just you need to add your XLS or XLSX file to their website. But to data security concerns, this is not a good idea. So, if you seeking an online solution, then try Google Sheet it will convert excel files to HTML. And to do this follow the below steps:
- First, open any Browser and go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/.
- After that choose Blank Sheet
- Now, click on the File option from the top menu bar
- Choose the Import option and from the Import file choose the upload option
- You can also Add Files from your Google Drive
- Click on the Select a file from your device to Browse the Excel file
- A pop-up appears to choose the Import location, Separator type, and Convert to number, dates, and formulas option as per your requirement
- After the option, selection click on the Import data button
- Once the file is uploaded to Google Sheets you can view your Excel Sheet.
- Now, again click on the File option and the Download
- From the Download, menu choose the Web page(html, zipped) option
- It will automatically download your Excel sheet into an HTML format
- To see the file go to the download location and open the file with any Zip Extractor.
Note: The file is download in Zip format so you need a Zip extractor to open the file
Drawbacks of the Manual Methods
Well, the above method is free but it has some drawbacks and in this section, we have listed some of them below:
- If you are using Excel Save As an option keeps in mind that this method adds a lot of extra code which might be unnecessary for you if you are converting a simple excel sheet.
- Both of the manual methods are very time-consuming if you have to convert multiple Excel file to HTML. Because in both methods you have to convert Excel files to HTML one by one.
- The biggest disadvantage of both manual methods is that you may lose your data integrity or Excel fields.
Automatic Solution to Convert Excel File to HTML Format
As we see both of the manual methods has some own limitation so, in that situation you think that how will you complete this task. Then don’t think so much here in this section we are going to introduce the best-automated way to complete this conversion. Excel Contacts Converter is a tool that gives you the option to convert Excel sheets to HTML, PDF, TXT, vCard, and CSV.
The tool comes with a fields mapping option so there is no chance to lose any Excel fields. And also the software gives you a guarantee of no data loss.
Step to Convert Multiple Excel Contacts to HTML
1. Download and Install the tool first on your system
2. Click on the Browse button to add an Excel file
3. Choose the HTML radio button from the Export Option
4. Select the Destination Location to save the file
5. Choose Excel Fields and Export Fields option for fields mapping
6. At last click on the Export button to initiate the process.
Well, it’s time to wrap up the things, now whatever the reasons for your Excel to HTML conversion. Here in this write-up, we have discussed three possible ways to convert Excel files to HTML. Now, it is totally your call to choose the right way to complete this conversion.