Add Lotus Notes Email to Outlook | A Complete Guide
Lotus Notes and Outlook both are the most used email application and there are many organizations using both email applications. But when we talk about the popularity Outlook is more because Outlook provides more features and working on Outlook is easier than Lotus Notes.
And this is the reason that many users want to switch from Lotus Note to Outlook. Now if you are one of them and looking for the solution to add Lotus Notes emails to Outlook, then here in this blog we are going to discuss the free method that will easily transfer all the data from Lotus Notes to Outlook. But before going towards the method let’s understand the reasons why we users want this conversion.
Reasons Why Users Want to Add Lotus Notes Email to Outlook
As we said above Outlook is easier to use and also provides more features than Lotus Notes. But along with this, there are many other reasons that are responsible for this conversion and here in this section, we are going to discuss some reasons.
- The UI of Outlook is very straightforward and easy to understand and if we talk about the Lotus Notes then from the start it bit complicated and not easy to use without any experience.
- Sharing Lotus Notes data is quite a tough task to do because not all companies.
- Lotus Notes is also expensive on the other hand Outlook much cheaper than Lotus Notes.
Now, after knowing the reason it is more clear that Outlook is more simple and also more popular among users. So let’s move towards the solution part to learn how to complete this task?
How to Add Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook
Well if you are seeking a free solution that completes this task for you without spending a single penny, then here in this section, we are going to discuss the free procedure that helps you to read Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook. Now, to complete the task without any issue go through the steps carefully. Keep one thing in your mind that the procedure consists of two steps. In the first step, we will export Lotus Notes data emails into CSV and in the second step, we will add Lotus Notes email to Outlook.
Step 1: Extract Email Data from Lotus Notes
1. To start the procedure first open the Lotus Notes application.
2. Click on the Mail tab to open the all mail section.
3. Now, go to the File option and click on it after that choose the Export option.
4. After this choose the destination location to save the Lotus Notes data.
5. Choose the CSV or Comma Separated Value / Structured Text option from the Save as type.
6. Enter the name of the file and click on the Save button to save.
Once the export process is over half of the task is over now we have to just import the CSF file to Outlook. And in the upcoming step, we are going to discuss the steps that help to complete the task.
Step 3: Add Lotus Notes Email to Outlook
Here in this section, we are going to discuss the step-by-step procedure to import the Lotus Notes CSV data to the Outlook email client. So follow the below steps to complete the adding task.
1. Open the Outlook application first.
2. Now, go to the File menu
3. After this select the Open & Export option and then click on the Import / Export.
4. Click on the Comma Separated Values (CSV) and click on the Next button.
5. After this click on the Browse button to add the CSV file.
6. After adding the file choose to Exclude the Duplicate Items and click on the Next button.
7. Now, choose the folder that you want to add to Outlook.
8. Now, the process of adding Lotus Notes email to Outlook is totally dependent on how much data you are adding to Outlook.
Once the process is over restart the Outlook and all the Lotus Notes emails are now added to the Outlook email application.
Limitations of the Manual Method
As we know that Outlook support PST file but in the above process, we are not converting Lotus Notes to PST, and instated of that we using CSV file format to add Lotus Notes email to Outlook. Hence, there is a chance that you may lose the data integrity of the Lotus Notes data.
Also, the procedure is quite lengthy because we have to perform two complicated steps. Which makes this task time-winded.
Now, the question is what is the simple method that helps users to complete this task?
Best Way to Add Lotus Notes to Outlook.
If your data is more important and you do not want to waste your time on the manual method then you can try SysTools Lotus Notes to Outlook Migrator. The tool is developed to migrate Lotus Notes data to Outlook without losing a single bit of data. The working of the tool is so simple and easy that users can easily complete this task with the help of an expert.
If we talk about the feature then this tool comes with various filter options where you can convert data according to data. Option save or preserve the folder hierarchy. And also the tool helps users to convert the canonical name into simple SMTP format.
Working Of the Tool
1. Download and install the tool on your system.
2. Choose the NSF File radio button and click on the Add File or Add Folder option.
3. Choose the Data Items that you want to convert.
4. Select the Destination to save the data.
5. Click on the Export Option to complete the task.
Note: Once the data is converted use the Outlook Import / Export option to add Lotus Notes Email to Outlook.
As we know that Outlook and Lotus Notes both are popular email applications but many users switch towards Outlook. Now, whatever the reason for this switching if you are looking for the solution to add Lotus Notes email to Outlook, then here in this blog we have discussed the two best options that will help you to complete this task.