SQL Password Recovery: Most Adept Solution to Remove SQL Database Password
SQL Server is a relational database management developed by Microsoft. It makes use of two files in order to store its database – MDF and NDF, of which MDF is the Main Database File and LDF is secondary file. Since MDF is the main or primary file for storing SQL server data, when it comes to secure the SQL server database, passwords are imposed on MDF file.
Securing SQL Server Database
Imposing passwords is the most common and the traditional way of securing a particular database. In SQL server a default user is created for managing the entire database. This default user is known as SQL Administrator referred as SA in short. When the entire SQL server database needs to be secured, the SA imposes a password on the MDF file.
A large number of users can be added by the SA when it comes to deployment of SQL Server in a big organization. Each user will have a different username with an individual password.
How to Remove SQL Database Password?
At times, a user might forget his SQL database password. Once the password is forgotten, the SQL database gets inaccessible. However, the good news is that, the password can be easily reset with the help of the SA. Since the SA has access to the entire database, changing the password of database is very simple. For reset SQL server password, following steps need to be followed:
- Click on Start
- Click on All Programs and then select Microsoft SQL Server [version].
- Click on SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Select SQL Server Services option from the menu.
- Select SQL Service Agent and click on Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- In the Log On tab, for the account listed, type the new password in the Password and Confirm Password dialog boxes.
The password will be set without the requirement of restarting the server.
Password Recovery When SA Is Inaccessible
The password reset process takes a different turn in the absence of SQL Administrator. There can be instances when the SA might not be available. In such a scenario, manual recovery or removal of SQL password is out of question. Therefore, in such cases, the best solution is to take help of third party applications like SQL Password Recovery Tool.
Reset SQL Server Password with SQL Password Recovery Tool
The software is an effectual utility designed for the sole purpose of removing and resetting the SQL file password. The software is capable enough to remove both unknown and empty passwords from the SQL MDF file. For performing the password recovery process, SQL server should be installed in the machine. In addition to this, the SQL Services should be stopped at the time when the MDF file is loaded in the software.
To remove SQL database password with the software, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Download and run the software.
- Click on Browse option to add the MDF file.
- Select the SQL server version to reset SQL server password.
- Once the file is scanned, all the usernames with the status of their passwords will be displayed.
- Select the username whose password is to be removed.
- Click on Reset option to start the process.
- The password of the selected username will be removed. Click on Ok to remove password from other usernames, if required.
Removal of SQL database passwords are impossible to remove in case the administrator is unavailable or in worst-case scenario the password of SA database is not known. At such instance third party applications like SQL Password Recovery Tool play the required role.